Separation to community board and center board

OberonCore

Separation to community board and center board

Post by OberonCore »

ReneK in http://forum.blackboxframework.org/viewtopic.php?p=324#p324 wrote:Therefore, I think OBeronCore proposed to physically/technically separate the center board from the non-center board. Also, I can imagine that if the board was hosted by OberonCore, the OberonCore admins would possibly have less work administrating or could more easily balance the work for another board on their existing server and platform, but that is probably theirs to say.
Yes, Rene, you totally right.

OberonCore can perform the separation of this board to
1) the center.blackboxframework.org board with moving center forums from this board to new board on OberonCore hosting.
2) the community.blackboxframework.org board with moving other forums from this board to new board on Ivan Denisov's hosting.

OberonCore propose for center members the assignment of this operation to OberonCore and to "vote" by writing your's resolutions in this topic.
ReneK

Re: Separation to community board and center board

Post by ReneK »

I support this idea, and I support to vote on this.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

OberonCore wrote:
ReneK in http://forum.blackboxframework.org/viewtopic.php?p=324#p324 wrote:Therefore, I think OBeronCore proposed to physically/technically separate the center board from the non-center board. Also, I can imagine that if the board was hosted by OberonCore, the OberonCore admins would possibly have less work administrating or could more easily balance the work for another board on their existing server and platform, but that is probably theirs to say.
Yes, Rene, you totally right.

OberonCore can perform the separation of this board to
1) the center.blackboxframework.org board with moving center forums from this board to new board on OberonCore hosting.
2) the community.blackboxframework.org board with moving other forums from this board to new board on Ivan Denisov's hosting.

OberonCore propose for center members the assignment of this operation to OberonCore and to "vote" by writing your's resolutions in this topic.
This can increase moderation level in "center" forums, but decrease "center" authority. The "center" now is not well-deserved, but nominated of itself. I think that this separation should be (if done) in new hosting, not in mine or OberonCore hosting platform and later than the main ideas and membership will be discussed with wider community.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

ReneK wrote:I support this idea, and I support to vote on this.
Let's wait for more center members comments on this.
OberonCore

Post by OberonCore »

We see some hypocrisy, Ivan. In some cases you start voting without reason, but in this case, you wait until more members of the Center give us their opinion.

Fortunately, exactly this is required in this case. And enough only a simple majority of the votes, expressed as an opinion in this topic. Without starting the voting through the forum engine. Therefore, let everyone say what they think.

From our part, we are ready to deal with specific tasks, or we simply stop our participating in useless discussions. Too much working time spent without result.

Current status: two votes in favor, one against.
Peter Kushnir

Post by Peter Kushnir »

I'm saying "Yes" for separation. In fact, I don't know, why I should break through oberspace-member's bullshit in "New messages" tab, while trying to read news and discussions of quite official "Center" topics.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

OberonCore wrote:We see some hypocrisy, Ivan.
I am not a chairmen or moderator to start votes for anybody. I am starting votes only if I am interested in topic and believe that it will help to establish authoritative "center". That is why I do not see any hypocrisy, I am very sequential in my logic of "center" interaction.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Peter Kushnir wrote:I'm saying "Yes" for separation. In fact, I don't know, why I should break through oberspace-member's bullshit in "New messages" tab, while trying to read news and discussions of quite official "Center" topics.
I am staring to understand the problem. I do not use this feature. I look for icons marked red and follow them. So, no problems at all. I think that Peter knows well how to use this icons, because in the OberonCore forum the DRAKON forum make the same mess in "New messages".
OberonCore

Post by OberonCore »

Ivan Denisov wrote:I am staring to understand the problem. I do not use this feature. I look for icons marked red and follow them. So, no problems at all. I think that Peter know well how to use this icons, because in the OberonCore forum the DRAKON forum make the same mess in "New messages".
This is small part of problem on this forum. You should not cling to it.

Our proposed solution can be relatively easily done for this forum. But the forum OberonCore has a strong internal connectedness, so there such solution will be applied later, after solving this problem. Though this moment is coming soon.
OberonCore

Post by OberonCore »

Ivan Denisov wrote:I am not a chairmen or moderator to start votes for anybody. I am starting votes only if I am interested in topic and believe that it will help to establish authoritative "center". That is why I do not see any hypocrisy, I am very sequential in my logic of "center" interaction.
Don't you think that the interests of the majority should prevail? Or you're just contradicting yourself.