domain name registration extended

Josef Templ

domain name registration extended

Post by Josef Templ »

I want to let you know that I have extended our domain name registration for another year.
The next expiration date is 2019-09-14.

Our current PayPal balance is now 38,90 EUR.

- Josef

P.S. I will be on vacation next week.
Robert, are you back from vacation and ready for taking over the chair?
Robert

Re: domain name registration extended

Post by Robert »

Josef Templ wrote:P.S. I will be on vacation next week.
Robert, are you back from vacation and ready for taking over the chair?
Yes, had a good trip to some remote mountains & glaciers in Greenland.
Have been busy since returning, everything seems to be breaking. Got to buy a new fridge next. My PC was completely dead, BOTH hard drives failed within a few days. I replaced one with a solid state drive, which is a big improvement. I have no Windows 10 media, so had to install 7 first. That insisted on 300+ software updates before I could run the one command "Download a Windows 10 installation USB file". It took all day!

But I can do the Chairing job now. There seems to be very little activity at the moment. Is anyone interested in continuing the discussion about an enhanced Menu customisation mechanism, or should that topic just be left for now?

Regards, Robert
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

Ok, Robert, good to hear that you are back.

Currently, I have not much time for any substantial work.

- Josef
Zinn

Post by Zinn »

Robert wrote: My PC was completely dead, BOTH hard drives failed within a few days. I replaced one with a solid state drive, which is a big improvement. I have no Windows 10 media, so had to install 7 first. That insisted on 300+ software updates before I could run the one command "Download a Windows 10 installation USB file". It took all day!
Robert, there is much shorter way to get Windows 10. Just download the media creation tool from the microsoft website at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows10 and create an USB-Stick or DVD and use them for installation or install it direct from internet on your PC. As key you can use your Windows 7 key. Every year you have to write a new USB-Stick or CD. The current version of Windows 10 is 1803 or 10.0.17134.228
- Helmut
Robert

Post by Robert »

Zinn wrote:Robert, there is much shorter way to get Windows 10. Just download the media creation tool ...
That's what I did. My point was it took all day to install 7 just so I could do that.
Every year you have to write a new USB-Stick or CD.
That's useful information; I didn't know that.