How members of "center" want to work?

Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

After the board separation discussion we come to the point that maybe the way of communication is not good enough.

We can not make a poll without discussion and unable to make a poll after a discussion. So, it is difficult situation, because as a result we can not do anything without a vote. That is why there is no activity at all now.

Work means to discuss and to vote!
Ivan Denisov

Re: How members of "center" want to work?

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I want to discuss most of problems on forum, because it is open way with fixed history. In a forum I can choose the time of exploring discussions and choose mail notifications for most interesting topics.

For community building I what to conduct video conferences in Google Hangouts. They allow to know colleagues better and some questions will be discussed faster in a way of building common vision of project future.

I want to make a chat room in Jubber for fast online discussions.

I want to have structured repository system with issues tracker for technical discussions.

I do not want to continue the discussion by mail, because it is not public. I do not want to make usenet forum because it is old manner of communication repulsive for new members.
Peter Kushnir

Post by Peter Kushnir »

Actually, I've almost lost the point of this community existence. OK, we have now a board, we have a final BB1.6 build, so I want to hold down any conversation (specially between Ivan and ReneK) for a few days, and after a week I want to hear from any member of center his own vision of BlackBox future.
After all these month we don't even know each other, so I want a CV's from everyone, what you can do for BlackBox.
And after all of that it would be great to set the priority of any member's "open points", small problems that are possibly unsolved in final build.
Also, votes must resolve some valuable questions. We don't need a vote to decide, how to "name a variable", I guess.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

I am not active on this site simply because I am not automatically "informed" of when posts are made.

I MUCH prefer the BlackBox mailing list for communications between the center members. I should not
have to actively log into a site to see if anything new has happened.

I have WebMon pointed to Component Pascal Collections so I am informed when anything changes there.

I veto using Google Hangout. Much too much software between me and what needs to get done.
I prefer text only.

So do we have an internet service provider in Switzerland yet?
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

Peter Kushnir wrote:Actually, I've almost lost the point of this community existence. OK, we have now a board, we have a final BB1.6 build, so I want to hold down any conversation (specially between Ivan and ReneK) for a few days, and after a week I want to hear from any member of center his own vision of BlackBox future.
Peter, for the time being, I do not want to post my CV online. I am surely willing to send the center members a mail who I am in detail, but I have reservations about my public profile.
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

DGDanforth wrote:I am not active on this site simply because I am not automatically "informed" of when posts are made.

I MUCH prefer the BlackBox mailing list for communications between the center members. I should not
have to actively log into a site to see if anything new has happened.

I have WebMon pointed to Component Pascal Collections so I am informed when anything changes there.

I veto using Google Hangout. Much too much software between me and what needs to get done.
I prefer text only.

So do we have an internet service provider in Switzerland yet?
So, if you can be automatically "Informed" of all posts via eMail, but still have to log in to answer, that would be OK for you?
Peter Kushnir

Post by Peter Kushnir »

ReneK wrote:
Peter Kushnir wrote:Actually, I've almost lost the point of this community existence. OK, we have now a board, we have a final BB1.6 build, so I want to hold down any conversation (specially between Ivan and ReneK) for a few days, and after a week I want to hear from any member of center his own vision of BlackBox future.
Peter, for the time being, I do not want to post my CV online. I am surely willing to send the center members a mail who I am in detail, but I have reservations about my public profile.
As I can see the situation, for this community we don't need some official CV, we are not employers here, so put in your card something about Oberon- and BlackBox-related. Is it possible for you?
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

I have now pointed WebMon at this site and so am now informed when anything changes.
Email would be better and yes, once informed, logging in would be no problem.
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

My vision can now be found here:
http://forum.blackboxframework.org/view ... p=422#p422