What's next?

DGDanforth

Re: What's next?

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan Denisov wrote:There are objections! Why we should put all this stuff to BlackBox basic distribution!?!? All this extensions easily implemented as the extensions.
Josef, prepare subsystem and publish it in CPC or the Center experimental repository.
But Ivan, this is at a lower level, part of the development process, where as an extension is at a higher level built on Framework modules.
-Doug
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

Ivan Denisov wrote: Josef, prepare subsystem and publish it in CPC or the Center experimental repository.
This is not possible because there is a line added to DevBrowser.

In addition, Ivan, if you eventually start working on your 64-bit compiler, you will see
what a decoder can do for you. You should really start working on this, as a private project outside the center,
in order to learn more about compiler writing and related problems.
Philosophical speculations don't move us ahead.

- Josef
Zinn

Post by Zinn »

Ivan Denisov wrote:There are objections! Why we should put all this stuff to BlackBox basic distribution!?!? All this extensions easily implemented as the extensions.
I can't follow your argument. It is a central part of the system. Only one small module is added and nothing else.
With your argument we have to remove the command for generating a compile list too and create a CPC subsystem for this task.
Ivan Denisov wrote: Josef, prepare subsystem and publish it in CPC or the Center experimental repository.
That is not possible, because you have a lot of additional work. Without changing DevBrowser it would be not so easy to use this new functionallty.
It is a little extension of the existing command DevBrowser.ShowCodeFile.
- Helmut
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I just want we keep some calm in adding features into BlackBox. BlackBox feature is the absence of "bells and whistles".

Now I understand you proposal better ans see that ShowCodeFile can be improved. I suggest to extend "ocf" converter DevBrowser.ImportCodeFile procedure the same way.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Long term goal: Have BlackBox used by many people on many machines.

It seems that AOS (A2) runs natively on hardware. I don't like the BlueBottle GUI.
But it suggests that we could port BlackBox to AOS and substitute for WinXXX
the corresponding device drivers from AOS. AOS becomes the host.
AOS = Active Oberon System.
-Doug