Support

DGDanforth

Support

Post by DGDanforth »

I just had the unfortunate experience that Parallels Desktop for Mac version 7
is no longer supported by Parallels. That kills my slight hope of recovering my lost data.

But that brings up the issue of support for BlackBox which, to my knowledge, we have not formalized.
To date we have assumed users with issues would simply post them on the Center or Community
bulletin boards and that we (the 10 of us) Center members would look for solutions.

I assume that all of us will not hang around forever and that with time others will come and go.
As such support for changes to BlackBox becomes questionable. Shall we just continue as is, or
should be make some formal statement about support?

-Doug
Robert

Re: Support

Post by Robert »

DGDanforth wrote:Shall we ... make some formal statement about support?
We have, its the license.
I don't think we can commit to anything more, even though individuals have, and quite probably will continue to, offer others help on a personal basis.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Robert wrote:
DGDanforth wrote:Shall we ... make some formal statement about support?
We have, its the license.
I don't think we can commit to anything more, even though individuals have, and quite probably will continue to, offer others help on a personal basis.
Would Microsoft or Apple be where they are now if they simply released their software with no guarantee of support?
-Doug
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

We have no chance to promise any commitments. We have no funds to compensate any damage etc. Some volunteer support in the board that is the only possibility. And this support usually should be provided not only be the Center members. Our work is to organize the infrastructure, to promote BlackBox to attract more users to the community.

If somebody will want to have extra support he can contact with a Center member in their country and discuss the price etc.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

OK
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Actually that is the Canonical business model to sell the support.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan Denisov wrote:Actually that is the Canonical business model to sell the support.
Very nice. Thank you.