Editor: RTF

DGDanforth

Re: Editor: RTF

Post by DGDanforth »

Actually I am asking what is the minimum required interface that would support Converters to rtf?

In a document I assume you are scanning for views that have the attribute of a bitmap and then processing that bitmap.
Why would the interface of HostBitmaps have to be extensively changed?

(This is speaking from ignorance on my part)
Robert

Post by Robert »

DGDanforth wrote:Actually I am asking what is the minimum required interface that would support Converters to rtf?
Doug

I think I could cobble together some code that would work relatively easily, but I don't want to do that. (There is little point, if you need to export some pictures you can use CasketRtfConv.)

Designing a clean Bitmap interface that would
- Support RTF import / export of (images of) arbitrary Views
- Control the proliferation of Bitmap types
- Minimise the unnecessary replication of code
is a more difficult, but worthwhile, task, and will almost certainly involve considerable discussion.

I don't want to start that without some expression of support from the Centre.

So I think it is up to you to persuade us that there is a problem that should be solved.

See this Docu extract below to see what I mean about the current proliferation of Bitmap types, and you will understand why I don't want to make it worse.
(Note the Form at the bottom. The first copy is how Forms usually print in BlackBox. The second copy results from using one of these Bitmap options.)
Attachments
Bitmaps.pdf
(105.34 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Robert,
Wow!

Fized => Fixed ?

OK, so I vote to implement list* in Converters. That will allow me to replace the standard rtf converter with Casket.

-Doug
Robert

Post by Robert »

DGDanforth wrote:Fized => Fixed ?
If you excuse the pun, I have fixed that typo on the Form - the corresponding Docu User Manual was spelt correctly.

In fact I included the first Form that came to hand to illustrate the BlackBox problem with printing Forms - Wojtek Skulski used to nag Oms about this, he called it a bug, but nothing was ever done about it.
It is a coincidence, which I didn't notice at the time, that the Form was very relevant to the issue of many Bitmap types, and converting between them!