Сhairperson

Ivan Denisov

Сhairperson

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Dear Center members, we need to choose the person who will be the chairperson for the next half of the year. Many of the Center members tried this role. If somebody wants to handle this role from July, please write here. I will be happy if Josef, Doug or Helmut can take this role again. I am also ready to continue doing votes, if you will prolong my authorities.
DGDanforth

Re: Сhairperson

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan Denisov wrote:Dear Center members, we need to choose the person who will be the chairperson for the next half of the year. Many of the Center members tried this role. If somebody wants to handle this role from July, please write here. I will be happy if Josef, Doug or Helmut can take this role again. I am also ready to continue doing votes, if you will prolong my authorities.
I am willing but feel totally inadequate to the details of code fixes. Josef and you seem to be able to dig into the code and find solutions.
I am much more interested in changes in design. For instance, use of Config feels wrong to me. It does not allow for dynamic addition or
removal of conversion routines. For example, If I want to add .csv (comma separated variables) as an extension that invokes the
correct conversion (txt) then I should be able to do that without modifying a Config file. There are a number of other Framework issues
that I think should be addressed.
Zinn

Post by Zinn »

Doug,
you are speaking about a topic which is important and missing in the current beta version.
Don't worry about code fixes. I also don't understand every changes.
We need a person who looks from the other side of the sky.
Next topics will be concepts and design. All those things we left out.
You have my vote.
-Helmut
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

So I will make voting for Douglas been the next chairperson.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

I would feel more comfortable if we had several candidates.
How about:
Bernhard
Robert
Chris Burrows
cfbsoftware

Post by cfbsoftware »

Thank you for mentioning me Doug but I'm afraid my existing commitments rule me out. I happily support your nomination though,

Regards,
Chris
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Robert, Bernhard, is someone from you is ready to be chairperson for next half of the year?
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Doug, I can keep you the company in the list.

LuoWy maybe will you have some time for try chairperson role next half of the year?
luowy

Post by luowy »

Ivan Denisov wrote:LuoWy maybe will you have some time for try chairperson role next half of the year?
thanks for your suggestion. I'm not ready to do it.
I will try at leat after:
1,more fluent english
2,more version control skill
maybe next year