BlackBox Beta

DGDanforth

Re: BlackBox Beta

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan Denisov wrote:
DGDanforth wrote:Does anyone have a tool (utility) that can recompile all modules?
ypkDevTool allows to compile several subsystems at one time automatically resolving the import list dependencies.

Compilation list and example you will find in: DevTool-Quick-Start.odc
I ran the code through Google translate and could not quickly determine whether one can specify "" as the root for finding modules.
I also don't see whether modules that do not compile are added to a list for later processing and code fixup.
-Doug
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

I have a crude version for compiling all modules starting from the root directory of your BB system.
I have modSet size = 1825
and failSet size = 436

That is 436 modules did not compile on my system due to being old and out of date.

Issues:
When determining if a file is really a compilable module one can not just assume the file starts with the
word "MODULE" for there may be comments and text before it so one must scan for that word. Even if
one finds that word it does not mean the file is a module for it may be simply be a file with the word
"MODULE" in it (say Coco documentation). One must check that what follows the word is an acceptable
identifier (starts with an uppercase letter, etc.). Even that may fail but that's as far as I have gotten
and those two checks seem to work.

I have not yet included "compilation order" nor have I winnowed out BB basic modules (e.g, Files, Views, Services, ...) but
have the set operations available to do that.

-Doug
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I moved Helmut post about documentation to the issues section for further discussion and then voting.
http://forum.blackboxframework.org/view ... f=48&t=432