issue-#14.2 Tuning the build engine

Ivan Denisov

Re: Tuning the build engine

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Josef, I agree that this Sleep(1) solves one problem and now we can save the file without changing its name.

However, in the scripting mode there is nothing strange to put saving in CLOSE section and opening in BEGIN section of the module.

Please, imaging that this file is some database (actually it is). Will you open the connection each time you make the transaction to the database? No! You will make proper initialisation, then make all transactions and then only once you will flush all the data and save database state. Here we have similar situation.
This can be done by separate call of some procedure ConnectToStringsRsrc and then after all RegisterStringsRsrc, however we can just put this in BEGIN and CLOSE sections...

Now build engine is spending one second for each Appending, that is not small amount in total. If we make as I suggesting the Sleep(1) will be called only once in CLOSE section.

Nevertheless, I will be happy with the current (issue-#14) state of Script/Mod/Build.odc, because slowly but it will do it's work :)
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

> Now build engine is spending one second for each Appending, that is not small amount in total. If we make as I suggesting the Sleep(1) will be called only once in CLOSE section.

Sleep well, Ivan, it is only 1 millisecond ;-)

- Josef
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan,
Your English is getting better!
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Josef Templ wrote:Sleep well, Ivan, it is only 1 millisecond ;-)
This changes everything :)
Ok, lets merge this branch.
DGDanforth wrote:Ivan,
Your English is getting better!
Thanks for practising it with me :)
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

the changes are merged into master and build.py is identical again with
the version actually used on our Edis host.

- Josef