Our domain name registrator

DGDanforth

Our domain name registrator

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan,
Please explain "Name.com"
-Doug
Ivan Denisov wrote:There are problem with our donations. I am asking someone to make separate from personal PayPal account, I will transfer money of Center there.

Please, take into account, that you will need to pay Edis and Name.com bills regularly. This is some responsibility.

Because of the Russian Rouble falling we lost half of the Center money already. We need new treasurer from Europe soon!
Ivan Denisov

Re: New treasurer and money exchange

Post by Ivan Denisov »

DGDanforth wrote:Ivan,
Name.com is domains name registration company. Each year we should pay 10$ for domain name.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Ivan Denisov wrote:
DGDanforth wrote:Ivan,
Name.com is domains name registration company. Each year we should pay 10$ for domain name.
Interesting. When I just recently changed my hosting company to EDIS it was EDIS that had ASCIO be my domain registrar.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

DGDanforth wrote:Interesting. When I just recently changed my hosting company to EDIS it was EDIS that had ASCIO be my domain registrar.
Domain registrar and hosting company can be separated. It is hard to transfer domain name from one registrar to over, that is why Edis prefer you keep your old one. Edis is mainly hosting company. My experience shows that better to choose some big domain registration company and do not change it. While hosting company can be easily changed.