New treasurer and money exchange

Ivan Denisov

New treasurer and money exchange

Post by Ivan Denisov »

There are problem with our donations. I am asking someone to make separate from personal PayPal account, I will transfer money of Center there.

Please, take into account, that you will need to pay Edis and Name.com bills regularly. This is some responsibility.

Because of the Russian Rouble falling we lost half of the Center money already. We need new treasurer from Europe soon!
ReneK

Re: New treasurer and money exchange

Post by ReneK »

And if we have a treasurer, we also need a formal oeganization with legal standing.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

ReneK wrote:And if we have a treasurer, we also need a formal oeganization with legal standing.
Rene, If you know how to do this, I think, that all will be happy, if you can provide such support for our Center community. I really have no idea how to handle this law aspects.

In Russia if you make some organisation you should pay fee and spend money, now we have less than one hundred dollars... If in Europe you can do it for free, that is great.
ReneK

Post by ReneK »

The best way would be a non profit association. There's a fee of 15 EUR for the legal act and I think 3 EUR per page of the statutes. Written statutes are mandatory. The association then os valid in all of the EU.
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

ReneK wrote:And if we have a treasurer, we also need a formal oeganization with legal standing.
Why???
Rene, please explain this conclusion.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

I can't address Rene's conclusion but I can think of another reason why a formal organization
would be good. Google Pages is a mechanism for advertising a business. They require an
address for the business. BlackBoxFramework.org does not have a (physical) address.
If we become a formal organization then I assume that organization would also need an address.
My suggestion is we piggy back on the address of the computer science department at ETHZ (with their approval).

My two bits: I think Rene's suggestion is a good one.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Now the rouble becomes more stable and I see that there are no person who are happy to be treasurer, so the question is closed.

That does not mean, that we do not need organisation, but maybe it is too early. Let's discuss this again later in new topic.