Mac version of BlackBox

Bernhard

Mac version of BlackBox

Post by Bernhard »

stimulated by the short conversation between Stan Warford and Wojtec Skulski on the mailing list on Friday 28-Nov about Killer Apps, I remembered that I had asked almost a year ago Marc Frei of Oberon Microsystems if there would be any chance to get access to the sources of Blackbox for the Mac. He made almost immediately a zip archive with the (apparently) complete sources of BlackBox 1.3.2.2 for Mac OS available to me with the obligation to use the newer and more liberal license when redistributing the package.

I have no idea how, but think that we (or better I) should include these sources in the repository. I am (not yet) very used to git, but it might be a good task to start learning to use it. Although I am also not very good in using Mac OS, I see that the zip archive was produced under Mac OS and does not use extensions but stored the file type in the resource fork (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_ ... urce_types).

regards
--
Bernhard

PS: I also still have a Mac Quadra System (I think it is an 840AV) around and it is kind of functional although I am not too good at using it.
Last edited by Bernhard on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGDanforth

Re: Mac version of BlackBox

Post by DGDanforth »

Bernhard,
Great!
I would be nice to resurrect the Mac version.
I am curious on how much the Win and Mac differ.
T'would be nice to see if one could narrow the differences.
-Doug
Bernhard

Post by Bernhard »

ok, when I find the time I'll check how it could be managed.

I guess I have to rename all files in the tree to have extensions before I should try to upload them.

--
Bernhard
Bernhard

Post by Bernhard »

DGDanforth wrote:Bernhard,
I am curious on how much the Win and Mac differ.
T'would be nice to see if one could narrow the differences.
yes, it would be nice, but I see the following problem:

We don't have sources of Win 1.3.2.2, we have only access to Win 1.5 and newer. So I expect differences anyway and we have to find out ourselves, if these differences are due to different platforms or versions.

--
Bernhard
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

This is closer to reality, because few days ago Trurl published new Linker
http://forum.oberoncore.ru/viewtopic.ph ... =40#p99142
It supports Linux and other Unix systems. I checked only Linux, but Mac OS also should run after small tunning.