DevCPT Vote

Shall the Center include the DevCPT modification submitted by Marco in its next release?

ABSTAIN
13%
YES
13%
NO
75%

Total votes: 8

cfbsoftware

Re: DevCPT Vote

Post by cfbsoftware »

DGDanforth wrote:Perhaps one of our other Center members can attempt to run my code with Chris' DevCPT modifications and report whether or not they get an error.
I ran it with my modifications applied to the final BB 1.6 version without any errors.

Note that my modifications have virtually the same affect as the original. If there were any flaws in the original they are likely to be present in my modifications. A wider range of test cases needs to be developed (including ones to confirm that there is no change when there shouldn't be) if this modification is to be accepted.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Folks,
Apologies. I (re)copied the original DevCPT and then added Chris' modifications to that clean copy.
That now works without error.
So something in the version of DevCPT I was using was corrupted.

I will now use the Chris version for all my compilations with an eye out for any non standard behavior.

So, lets move on...

-Doug
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Doug, please, make a new voting for including Chris bug fix into Center version. We need only one voice for Short Circuit here, I hope this will happen soon.

The summary of Chris idea is obvious here:
http://redmine.blackboxframework.org/pr ... db9724538d
Please include this link in voting message.
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

> A wider range of test cases needs to be developed (including ones to confirm that there is no change when there shouldn't be) if this modification is to be accepted.

I recompiled the complete set of BlackBox files without getting any new symbol files.
The bug is obvious and the bug fix also.
I agree with Ivan that there should be a new vote about Chris' version.
Doug, there is no need to wait until the old vote is finished.

- Josef
cfbsoftware

Post by cfbsoftware »

Josef Templ wrote:> A wider range of test cases needs to be developed (including ones to confirm that there is no change when there shouldn't be) if this modification is to be accepted.

I recompiled the complete set of BlackBox files without getting any new symbol files.
OK - That sounds a good enough test of the negative case to me :)