Page 1 of 2

issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:51 pm
by Josef Templ
a release candidate 1.7.2-rc1 is available now.

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be updated in addition to the copyright year
and the AppVersion.txt, if there is any.

- Josef

issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm
by Josef Templ
a release candidate 1.7.2-rc1 is available now.

Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be updated in addition to the copyright year
and the AppVersion.txt, if there is any.

The release candidate can be downloaded as the latest development version
or from http://blackboxframework.org/unstable/master/blackbox-1.7.2-rc1.1107.zip

@Robert: would you be so kind to make the announcement on the community forum?

- Josef

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:14 pm
by Robert
Josef Templ wrote:Please let me know if there is anything that needs to be updated in addition to the copyright year
and the AppVersion.txt, if there is any.


Is the copyright year in the License document a separate change to the year in the About form?

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:37 pm
by Josef Templ
Thanks for asking this.
The License and About year should have been changed annually, but it hasn't.
So I have changed it now.

- Josef

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:25 am
by Zinn
Hello Josef
What is the next step? Doing another development cycle or release it now?
Except the spelling errors Ivan's change list is too long to do them all in the Beta state.
1. The loc # NIL topic has more than one place in the source.
2. Also the change in StdInterpreter need some discussion. String too long seems to be the wrong error message. It looks like #0 is missing at end of string.
3. Further is the multiline fields bug a scrolling error?
This 3 topics are a big development cycle and should not be done as a last beta change.
- Helmut

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:31 am
by Josef Templ
In my opinion, Ivan's findings should go to 1.7.3.
None of them is urgent enough to stop this release in particular because we are in rc1 stage now.
It will take some time to go through all the points and in the meantime there will be new
findings and the release would be delayed forever.

If we release 1.7.2 now, we can then start working on Ivan's list.

- Josef

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:40 am
by Robert
I think there are probably three categories:

1 - Urgent and serious bugs, which probably should be fixed before 1.7.2.

2 - Bugs introduced by the changes between 1.7.1 & 1.7.2-rc, which also should be fixed before 1.7.2.

3 - Routine or background issues than can be investigated as a normal part of preparation for 1.7.3.


I haven't analysed the new issues carefully, but I suspect that most of them can be treated as category 3.

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:32 pm
by Zinn
Hello Josef,
I agree. We should release the current version now and do no more changes. There will be always new topics before the knowing ones are done.
- Helmut

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm
by Josef Templ
from scanning the list, it seems to me that they are all category 3.

- Josef

Re: issue-#203 Release 1.7.2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:57 pm
by Josef Templ
I would like to proceed with the release.
The next step, I think, would be to create a vote for releasing now.
Then we can update the version number, create the git tag, etc.

Ivan's findings would be a good starting point for working on 1.7.3 then.

- Josef