Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Merged to the master branch

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Ivan Denisov » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:23 am

Robert wrote:I have no idea how this happened, but the System Strings file got forgotten.
Code: Select all
...
Math.Cos.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
Math.SinCos.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
Math.Tan.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
...
SMath.Sin.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
SMath.Cos.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
SMath.SinCos.143   Pre: ABS(x) # INF
...

The two "SinCos.143" lines above are missing.
What is the easiest way of making this correction - does it need a new issue?

I think that you can fix this in master branch without voting because there are no options here.

Robert wrote:Another minor problem with build 845 is the About box - the copyright date needs to be updated. (And, to my taste, I would put the two copyright lines in chronological order.)
Perhaps this change can be added to the next issue to go to vote?

If you want just update the year, this also can be fixed in master. New order need voting because there can be different opinions on this question.
Ivan Denisov
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Russia

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Robert » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:42 am

Ivan Denisov wrote:I think that you can fix this in master branch without voting because there are no options here.

I've updated the master; see https://redmine.blackboxframework.org/p ... 6b5e70a8f4

The new master is build 850.
User avatar
Robert
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Josef Templ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Robert wrote:Another minor problem with build 845 is the About box - the copyright date needs to be updated. (And, to my taste, I would put the two copyright lines in chronological order.)
Perhaps this change can be added to the next issue to go to vote?


This is a separate issue, I think.
May be there is a way to get rid of the yearly update of the About box.

- Josef
User avatar
Josef Templ
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 am

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Robert » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Josef Templ wrote:
Robert wrote:Another minor problem with build 845 is the About box - the copyright date needs to be updated.

This is a separate issue, I think

Of course you are correct.
Do you want me to revert this change, or can we allow ourselves a little flexibility?
User avatar
Robert
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Josef Templ » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:49 am

Robert wrote:
Josef Templ wrote:
Robert wrote:Another minor problem with build 845 is the About box - the copyright date needs to be updated.

This is a separate issue, I think

Of course you are correct.
Do you want me to revert this change, or can we allow ourselves a little flexibility?


There is also the License file affected, I think.
I don't know if anything else is affected.

It would be cleaner to separate the issues but I can also live with an exception.

- Josef
User avatar
Josef Templ
 
Posts: 2038
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:50 am

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Robert » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:53 pm

Josef Templ wrote:There is also the License file affected, I think.
I don't know if anything else is affected.

It would be cleaner to separate the issues but I can also live with an exception.

Yes - there should be a new issue raised to find a long-term solution to all the dated documents.

Now there has been another master update since this issue (build 850) I don't really know how to revert this cleanly. Is this something you can do, or is it now easiest to simply leave the changed About file and over-write it again when we have a long-term fix?
User avatar
Robert
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:04 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Issue-#157 Extending the domain of Math.Sin, Cos, & Tan

Postby Ivan Denisov » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:11 am

I am suggesting to leave it as it is. Force push should be forbidden for master branch. It will cause many inconvenience.

Previous year I updated the About dialog without any issue.
https://redmine.blackboxframework.org/p ... rev=master
Commit comment: 2015 -> 2016 in About.odc
Diff: https://redmine.blackboxframework.org/p ... 360a8b55bf
Ivan Denisov
 
Posts: 1698
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 am
Location: Russia

Previous

Return to Resolved (Features)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron