issue-#83 Different window title for Mod, Rsrc, and Docu

Merged to the master branch
Josef Templ

Re: issue-#83 Different window title for Mod, Rsrc, and Docu

Post by Josef Templ »

just to clarify the scope of issue-#83:
it affects only those cases where in BB1.6 the window title has the format (<subsys>)<name>,
i.e. it contained ( ). This format was used when editing Mod, Rsrc and Docu files.
With the changes there are different kinds of brackets now for Mod, Rsrc, and Docu.
All other window titles and all other behavior is not affected.

There may of course be a discussion about the behavior of 'Repository' and if it is useful or not but
it is a different issue.

- Josef
Robert

Post by Robert »

Zinn wrote:Sorry, there is a misunderstanding.
Info -> Interface does ...
I don't think we had a misunderstanding, we were talking about opening interface (Sym) files from the Repository, and the curious fact that the Repository links use StdCmds.OpenBrowser, but the Windows are not in Browser mode.

But I agree this is definitely off topic for issue #83 - which I voted to support!
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I talked with Ivan Kuzmitski a bit, he explained his opinion. I want to discuss it here a bit.

This feature is really do not solve any problem and just add the complexity. Do not you think so?
Should we avoid "development poison" which can kill the simplicity of the framework?
Zinn

Post by Zinn »

The solution here is an easy clean solution and solves the problem which descript at the beginning. It has noting to do with the topic discussion after we agree with voting.
Robert's discussion should be moved to another entry-number. So I don't understand the last comment from Ivan.

The problem of #83 is: You can't select the window by title if you have docu and mod open at the same time. It is solved on an easy way.

This problem has NOTHING to do with the "browser mode" or "edit mode" or "Aux mode" of the windows. That is a complete different topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Zinn wrote:The problem of #83 is: You can't select the window by title if you have docu and mod open at the same time. It is solved on an easy way.
Thanks for reminding, it is more clear now.
Robert

Post by Robert »

Zinn wrote:The problem of #83 is: You can't select the window by title if you have docu and mod open at the same time. It is solved on an easy way.
It is solved if you opened them using Menu->Dev->Open file list - which I personally never use.
It is not solved if you opened them using the Repository - which I personally frequently use.
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

Robert wrote: It is solved if you opened them using Menu->Dev->Open file list - which I personally never use.
It is not solved if you opened them using the Repository - which I personally frequently use.
The change also applies to the File->Open command. It is not limited to Dev->Open file list.
The File->Open command is used quite often in normal development. I never use the Repository
for normal development because it is intended for browsing only.

- Josef
Robert

Post by Robert »

Josef Templ wrote:The change also applies to the File->Open command
I had not realized that. It is what I use 99% of the time.

It also applies to some private commands I use, so that improves uniformity - good.

In the interests of more uniformity what about a tiny change to DevReferences.ShowText? Just change line 1 to line 2 below.

Code: Select all

Views.OpenAux(v, title)
Views.OpenAux(v, '{Docu}' + title)
then the select item -> right click on "Documentation" process would also align with the new convention?

Robert
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

> Views.OpenAux(v, '{Docu}' + title)

this would not be aligned with the new convention for multiple reasons.

- Josef