issue-#19 wrong encoding of "module not found" message

Ivan Denisov

Re: issue-#57 wrong encoding of "module not found" message

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I think, that we have different points of view on this problem, so it is impossible to come to an consensus without other members. Should we think about the case that Strings conversion be changed to faster and better version in future? Main argument of it's current implementation in Kernel was, because this implementation is simpler. The compiler stuff should be simple, you said. I agreed. However, let we keep this bold code in Kernel! For preventing "the mess", let's identifiers conversions be made by the Kernel without needless Strings wrapper.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

I think, that we should solve this by voting:

1. Identifiers conversions to Utf8 and from Utf8 should be made by Kernel module directly.

2. Identifiers conversions to Utf8 and from Utf8 should be made by Strings module, which is wrapping Kernel procedures.

3. Abstain

Today we have mixed style in current version, that is not good.
Also, we can not go on with issue-#57(=19) until this voting.
Josef Templ

Post by Josef Templ »

In order to speed up things let us postpone the final handling of identifier conversions
to a later time, for example when we go over the proposed cosmetic changes in the CPC change list.
After all, the handling of identifier conversions is a cosmetic aspect without any practical relevance.

I have created topic branch issue-#19 in order to reference this issue correctly.
The changes are exactly as proposed by Ivan in issue-#57.

I have created the voting for it because there has been enough discussion
and we should not get stuck with trivial things like this.

- Josef
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Josef Templ wrote:In order to speed up things let us postpone the final handling of identifier conversions
to a later time, for example when we go over the proposed cosmetic changes in the CPC change list.
After all, the handling of identifier conversions is a cosmetic aspect without any practical relevance.

I have created topic branch issue-#19 in order to reference this issue correctly.
The changes are exactly as proposed by Ivan in issue-#57.

I have created the voting for it because there has been enough discussion
and we should not get stuck with trivial things like this.

- Josef
As a chairperson you are doing everything right :)
I renamed the topic and you can remove issue-#57 branch from GitHub.