LISTSERV Lite on Center server

Should LISTSERV Lite be installed on the Center server?

ABSTAIN
60%
YES
40%
NO
No votes

Total votes: 10

DGDanforth

LISTSERV Lite on Center server

Post by DGDanforth »

This poll is to determine whether the Center should install the free software package called LISTSERV Lite (the same that Oberon Microsystems Inc used for the [BlackBox] Discussion list) on the Center's server.
Ivan Denisov

Re: LISTSERV Lite on Center server

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Two comments:

1. I am sure, that this software are really Lite and will not stress our VPS. So there are no technical problems.

2. It will have positive effect for keep Center server running, because if people wants this List going, donation should be done EUR 4.99 month in total.

However I am not sure about communication consequences, that is why I will abstain.
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

There are 3 missing votes. But even if all of those votes were YES to install LISTSERV Lite the vote would only be 6 in favor. A majority now is 7 so unless someone changes their, the vote does not carry.

I now declare that all future communication will be done using the Community and Center bulletin boards.
I have locked this vote.
-Doug
DGDanforth

Post by DGDanforth »

Thanks to Ivan (at my request) the poll has been unlocked. You may add or change your vote now.
Ivan Denisov

Post by Ivan Denisov »

Now the voting is over according "short circuit" rule (any votes can not change result and we wait one day after this happend).
So I will install LISTSERV Lite soon.